Monday, October 12, 2009

Down Syndrome Awareness Month

What a pleasant surprise I got when I opened my e-mail! Rylee's mom sent a message out that KDLT did a story on their family for Down Syndrome Awareness Month. I missed the television run ~ but could find the story at http://www.kdlt.com/news/1011n1.html. Be sure to check it out! Carin ( Rylee's mom) also promotes New Directions ~ a Down Syndrome Association in Sioux Falls. Next year, Carin will take over as director of the buddy walk.
We are so glad to have Rylee in our Fred Assam Elementary family! Rylee is pictured here with her kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Feenstra.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for your great write-up on Carin and Rylee. As Carin's Mom and Rylee's Grandma, I sure appreciate your kind words about their family and your promotion of Down syndrome awareness - and future plans to support next year's Buddy Walk! Thank you! Cindy Groom-Harry (from Carin's computer!)

    ReplyDelete