Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!
I am so blessed and have many things to be thankful this season.
THANK YOU ~ just two simple words that have the power to transform our health, happiness, athletic performance, and success.
According to Jon Gordon ~ gratitude and appreciation are also essential for a healthy work environment. In fact, the number one reason why people leave their jobs is because they don't feel appreciated. A simple thank-you and a show of appreciation can make all the difference. Gratitude is like a muscle. The more we do it the stronger it gets. In this spirit here are 4 ways to practice Thanksgiving every day of the year.
1. Take a Daily Thank You Walk ~ take a 10-minute walk each day and say out loud what you are thankful for. This will set you up for a positive day.
2. Meal Time Thank You's ~ go around the table and have each person say what they are thankful for.
3. Gratitude Visit ~ write a letter of gratitude to someone. Then visit this person and read them the letter. His research shows that people who do this are measurably happier and less depressed a month later.
4. Say Thank You at Work ~ energize & engage your co-workers and team by letting them know you are grateful for them and their work.
I am thankful that I have two families ~ my own family & my school family!
I am thankful that I have a beautiful new home and enjoy spending time there!
I am thankful that I have a wonderful group of people to work with each day that I come to school because our business is the creation of learning environments that result in success!
I am thankful for the students who attend Fred Assam Elementary School!
And I am thankful for the parents who support their children and the staff at this school!
Happy Thanksgiving!!


No comments:

Post a Comment